Hola Amigos! Today for our Meatless Monday recipe, I will be showing you how to create raw vegan tacos. This is an excellent meal idea for something you can create in a jiffy, that is still flavorful, and satisfyingly filling. Shall we? . . .
Raw Vegan Taco “Meat”
So the key to converting your average tacos into raw vegan tacos, is the meat replacement. Raw, Organic, WALNUTS. Sounds nutty, I know, but it’s delicious. Also, walnuts carry lots of good fat, potassium, iron, and supply 12 grams of protein in just 1 cup! Simply scoop walnuts into your blender and blend away. Then, just add seasoning!
Turning theeeeseeee . . .
Into this . . .
Vegan Taco Seasoning
It’s not difficult to create your OWN taco seasoning . . .
- 1 tablespoon chili powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
But when I’m feeling lazy, a packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning does the trick AND it’s vegan 🙂
Once you’ve got the main ingredient prepared, all that’s left to do is
- Choose a foundation
- Add the seasoned, ground walnut “meat”
My favorite foundation for tacos are big, green, sturdy romaine leaves. Romaine leaves hold 1 gram of protein and are packed with vitamin A, which is a powerful antioxidant that promotes healthy skin and vision, as well as reduces inflammation through fighting free radical damage.
With any kind of tacos, I always pack a few bowls with topping options like tomatoes, onions, sprouts, and let’s not forget, the GUAC.
Now stack that S%!# . . .
TA DA!!! There you have it. A glorious Meatless Taco for your Meatless Monday Pleasure. Just make sure to harvest plenty of these bad boys. You’ll want left overs. . . and lucky for you, tomorrow’s Taco Tuesday 😉
Raw Vegan Taco Ingredients
- 3 cups raw organic walnuts
- 1 packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 package of living alfafa sprouts
- 1 head of romaine
- Ortega Taco Sauce (optional)
- Blend walnuts
- Stir taco seasoning and blended walnuts together
- Peel and mash avocados for guacamole
- Wash and Prepare produce
- Layer ingredients as desired
- Chow down!
With love and compassion,