Dearest pals! I’ve been wanting to share my recipe for Vegan “Snickers” with you for quite some time. Before going vegan, a chewy chocolatey Snickers was my top pick for candy. Well, I have discovered a way to enjoy the delicious taste of one while keeping it cruelty free and actually somewhat nutritious! Who could’ve ever dreamt such a thing?!
Let’s take a peak at the ingredients you will need . . .
There really aren’t many. These chocolate bars are so simple and easy to make, if you’re like me, you’ll be whipping up a fresh batch weekly! You can find the condensed recipe at the bottom of this post, but I’ll give you the run down here . . .
Using a blender you first create your “caramel” sauce and “nougat.”
Once you’ve got that down, you melt your chocolate and lay the foundation for your bars.
As the chocolate begins to thicken, you mold the “nougat” into rectangles and place them on top.
Once all your bars are formed, you add a layer of “caramel” to the top and then use the remaining chocolate to coat them completely. Now that you’ve got some squishy “Snickers” in front of you, all that’s left is to pop them in the freezer! Make sure to check the time because after just 10 minutes, they’re ready to enjoy! 🙂
Healthy Vegan “Snickers”
- 1 1/4 cup of plain peanuts
- 20 pitted dates
- 2 1/2 cups of vegan chocolate morsels
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- Blend 12 dates with 1 tbsp of water to create the caramel sauce
- Blend peanuts and remaining 8 dates together with salt and syrup to create the “nougat” filling
- Slowly heat and stir chocolate morsels to prevent burning until liquified
- Line a small tray with some nonstick baking paper and pour out a thin layer of chocolate
- Using your fingers, form bars out of the “nougat” and gently place on top of the chocolate
- With a spoon, add the caramel sauce on top of the bars
- Cover each bar completely with the rest of the melted chocolate
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes
Thank you for reading!
With Love and Compassion,